The Structural System
Directions: Select the best answer for each of the following questions and then click on the submit button.
- Which one of the following is not a function of the structural system?
Makes locomotion possible
Provides shape or form
Filters the blood
- True or False: One of the functions of the bones is to store calcium, releasing it into the bloodstream when necessary, to keep enough calcium in the blood for vital bodily functions such as muscle contraction and nerve conduction.
- True or False: Muscles can only contract and relax. They do not forcefully extend or expand.
- Excessive movement which could dislocate a joint is prevented by strong elastic connective tissues, known as ligaments, which cross the joint. If a joint is forcefully extended beyond its normal range of motion, ligaments can tear resulting in a ________.
- The largest organ of the body, providing a protective barrier and the first line of defense against would-be invaders is the ________.
- Which of the following is not a function of the skin?
- Which of the following is not a part of the correct treatment regimen for an acute strain or sprain (RICE)?
- What is the most common form of arthritis?
- True or False: Osteoporosis is a condition that only affects women.
- True or False: Tums is a good source of calcium.
- Which of the following nutrients is found in certain foods such as apples and may be helpful for muscle conditions such as fibromyalgia?
- Known as the "Father of All Herbs," this herb has a long history of traditional use for joint problems, particularly arthritis. It is highly nutritious, sending its roots deep into the soil where the best trace mineral deposits are found.
Uña de Gato
- Which of the following is the only substance (nutritional or drug) that has been shown to have the ability to stop and even reverse the degeneration of osteoarthritis?
- Ptosis or prolapse of the internal organs is a common and often unrecognized condition which can lead to uterine problems in women and prostate problems in men. An essential first step in any natural program to aid this condition is ___________.
Direct Nutritional Aid
- This fibrous protein, which makes up skin, bone, tendons, and cartilage, is the most abundant protein in the body.
- Also known as fibromyositis and myofascial pain syndrome, this term refers to a chronic condition of unknown cause resulting in pain in the fibrous tissues, muscles, ligaments and tendons. The condition occurs mainly in women and is often associated with depression, sleeping problems, irritable bowel syndrome and chronic fatigue. In fact, most experts consider chronic fatigue syndrome to be the same condition.
- An injury to a muscle which results when the muscle is partially or totally torn is referred to as a ________.