The Immune System
Directions: Select the best answer for each of the following questions and then click on the submit button.
- What is our best defense against cancer?
The American Cancer Society
A strong immune system
- Which of the following is part of the body's natural defenses against foreign invaders?
Mucus in lungs and nasal passages
Acids and enzymes in the digestive tract
The immune system
All of the above
- True or False:
The lymph moves through the body by way of one-way valves, aided by the compression of lymph vessels when the muscles of the body contract.
- What is the major cell type of the lymphatic system?
- A substance that induces an immune response when introduced into the body is known as an
- A molecule produced by the body and responsible for recognizing and marking an antigen for destruction by the white blood cells is known as an
- One function of the immune system is to recognize and eliminate cancer cells that arise within the body. This process is known as
- This herb was used by the Plains Indians of North America and has been one of the most scientifically studied herbs. It is considered by herbalists to be one of the most useful herbs because it not only provides help for the immune system, it is also known as the "King of the Blood Purifiers":
- Because demand is high and supplies are low for this important herb for the immune system, it is one of the most expensive herbs on the market, and also one of the most counterfeited:
- This herb has served humankind for centuries. The only problem with getting enough of it into the diet has always been the odor it leaves on the breath:
- This herb from the Peruvian rain forest received its name because it has thorns that resemble the claws of a cat:
Uña de Gato
- What is the NSP key product for the immune system?
Defense Maintenance Formula